FAST TRACK TO CYBER RESILIENCE
Every year, one in five companies is affected by a serious incident or crisis. Do you want to know how you can prevent such interruptions from threatening the continuity of your organisation? Northwave is happy to help.
We work with customers to build resilience. In our unique approach we combine our competences in the field of crisis management, forensic readiness, CERT response and Business Continuity Management (BCM).
This integrated approach ensures that you remain resilient in the event of a cyber crisis. Because your approach will be tailor-made, we will explain more about the scope of the various components below. This approach naturally fits into a broader approach to risk management and can be co-ordinated from our Security Office.
CYBER RESILIENCE PROGRAMME
Our working method is based on the international standard BS11200: 2014 for crisis management. In addition, our crisis specialists are experienced in managing the complexity of many crisis problems: data leaks, cybercrime, fraud, terrorism, pandemics, malicious product contamination, phishing, ransomware, kidnapping and extortion.
- Designing and implementing cyber resilience plans and programmes.
- Integrating these plans into your management structure and culture.
- Selecting and implementing instruments for reporting incidents, communicating with internal and external stakeholders and collecting and distributing information.
- Reviewing the existing plans, forensic readiness, BCM and making recommendations for improvements.
- Testing cyber resilience, including real-scenario training and RedTeam attacks.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT TRAINING
Practicing procedures and plans based on scenarios is extremely useful to let people experience what it is like to work under pressure, and also to test whether procedures and plans are sufficiently known and complete.
- “Table-top” training: an introduction to crisis management
- “Semi-live” training level: training in crisis management for the more advanced teams
- “Live” training: advanced training for experienced crisis management teams
We also provide your organisation with a range of possibilities to increase the skills and resilience of your employees. You can find out more about this on this page.
From our extensive experience with digital forensic investigations and CERT training, we help you to determine which information you want to collect to have the correct forensic information available in times of crisis. This “forensic readiness” is essential, because without data we cannot do proper research and that puts you at a great disadvantage in dealing with a crisis.
Despite all precautions, something can go wrong. In the event of a serious incident or crisis, our consultants and experts will assist you in responding effectively and providing a response. Our complex problem-solving services include:
- Crisis Management Support – providing a qualified and experienced consultant (in the short term) to give expert advice to a crisis management team during a crisis.
- Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) – the Northwave CERT helps you on site with major cyber incidents or crises and with forensic investigations.
The Northwave CERT is internationally recognised by the worldwide CERT organisation and may also use this formal name (NW_CERT), and accredited by Crawford, among others, for acting as a “First Responder” in limiting cyber damage in the event of major incidents. In addition, we have a licence from the Ministry of Security and Justice for conducting personal research. More info about the Northwave CERT can be found here.
From the ISO 22301 standard for business continuity management, we integrate the right steps in your resilience programme. In the long term, Northwave can support you throughout the whole Business Continuity Management life cycle by:
- Developing a risk assessment
- Performing a business impact analysis
- Devising strategies to keep the risks manageable
- Developing effective and flexible plans
- Practicing the implementation of your plans
- Assessing and maintaining your plans
- Managing a business interruption
Do you also want to invest in the added value of more resilience? Contact us or request a quote.